"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Hello, now goodbye!


Big shock this morning. I caught the mouse! Not the best picture, but I wasn't about to take him out for his closeup. Believe me, I was surprised. Finally found a method that worked: bread wound with thread spread with peanut butter. Catches his teeth, so he has to struggle enough to trip the trigger and close the trap. I had a moment when I wanted to go down to the Farm Supply and get him a little cage, keep him. And then I remembered he only came out when it was dark, and that would not render him a happy pet. So I released him, several houses down the street. Actually, in the yard of the woman who recently yelled at me when I cornered an errant Pickle in her sideyard. Okay, probably not my best moment. But hell, two birds with one stone, and all that. Let us hope mouseypoo doesn't find his way home to my stove. And if he does, well I've got his number. Grateful to find I really am smarter than the rodent.

No comments: