"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More...


Perhaps you can tell how much fun I am having with my new medium. Acrylics are strange. The pigments are so much more strident. They don't mix as well as oils, which is probably why the paintings I have done have been so vibrant. Unusual things happen when you scumble them (paint one color over another). And they clean up with water. Gee, that's ever so nice. I actually thought about going back into this painting with oils. You can do that, paint oils over acrylics ( but not the other way around). But in the end, I got most of what I wanted with just the one medium. I glazed parts of it, a new skill for me. So much to learn, you know.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Whoaa I love the premise of your blog, as stated under the title :) You are quite awesome. Would you like to contribute material to my blog? Here's a little about it

I run a collaborative blog called Dysfunctionalbeginnings.com. Stories about growing up, family, stuff, beginnings in general... told in a variety of different forms (multimedia, nonfiction, fiction, poetry, photographs, etc.)
Submissions to dysfunctionalbeginnings@gmail.com.
Let me know what you think, and thank you for your support!!
I'll be checking out your blog more often.

Judie said...

I am impressed! These look more like oils!