"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sayonara, you three...


Happy to say We Three was sold at the auction today. Sad to see it go. It was kind of a seminal piece for me, where I pushed a little and got something new and exciting. In the beginning, it was kind of flat and very black and white, so I went back into it with color here and there, and it just popped. I loved how they gazed out at me with that frankness cows have, yet each had its own expression. Well, it went home with some lovely person who, I am sure, will love it as I have, look into it often and feel the sweetness. My artwork come from a birthing process, and each piece feels like a new infant still. I hope that, when I have been through the process more often, it will become less painful to let it go. Not there yet, though.

1 comment:

Karen Martin Sampson said...

There is always something bittersweet in letting go of our "children", especially a favorite child:-) As you said,
though, it is hopefully in a loving home where it will be appreciated every day and what could be better than that?