"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, September 04, 2005

So much to learn, so little time.

Interesting stuff, psychology. I particularly like classical conditioning. It explains a lot about myself, like why I store all my memories in music. The feelings I was experiencing when I first heard the music (and I listen to it over and over and over) are all there when I hear it today. The soundtrack to ET, for example. I was separated from my husband when I saw the movie, then bought the soundtrack album. There is pain beyond comprehension in that music that I will never be able to scrub away. But I found that I can use this process to help myself, too. My mother gives me perfume, lots of it, all the time. I think I mentioned that I don't wear it any more, too many people are sensitive to it, but no matter. Here, have another bottle of White Diamonds. Well, I like the scent, so I began putting it on at night, as I was getting sleepy. Now it is a trigger for sleep, which is sometimes quite elusive for me. It works great, and I have used up a lot of it. Smells better than the dog, too.

No comments: