"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, September 01, 2005

My voice got me into trouble again.

We read our drafts in critical thinking yesterday. Now, to be fair, our paper is, well, our paper, and contains snipets of text from all three of us gals. However, I slipped their snipets into the envelope I had created, as I was the one integrating all our stuff, and there were piles of it. I noticed from the other readings that ours was the best organized, a feat I accomplished all by myself. In fact, that was how I was able to take pages and pages of stuff and get it synthesized down to 2 pages, double-spaced, 12 font. When I found that progression, it was easy to insert examples and lead it up to a conclusion. Not bad. But once again, the criticism was that our voices bled through the analysis, and you could tell we were all steamed that the world is going to get fried extra-crispy and George W. is toasting marshmallows. I'll give you odds that soon, the glamor will wear off police and firemen, and begin to shine on the scientists. If anyone can save our collective butt, they are the ones. Anyway, it's back to the drawing board. Everything is in place, we just need to attribute it to the author, and tone down the final paragraph, where disdain and disgust just ooze off the page. Whatever, it was really fun writing it, and I can barely wait till I get to say what I think.

No comments: