"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Super satisfaction, plus a soupcon of rebellion...

Back to the drawing board, so to speak.  THIS is my style, lots of marks that show, on dark paper (some of it even showing through the finished work), expressive and bright.  This is "The Elder".  He is my fourth lion in my current wild animal opus.  He has a fierceness and a sweetness at the same time.  I did him fast, as I usually do, but as a concession to my recent teacher, I went back into the painting for some fine tuning.  Not a lot, just a little.  Now satisfied.  That could change.  Art is so very subjective.  My goal has been to find what works for me, and so far, this is it.  That could change, too.  A wise woman whose art is terrific, and highly personal, once told me to just keep playing.  I am happy to follow that advice.  For the rest of my little life. 

No comments: