"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, May 27, 2005

Off we go into the wild blue yonder...

Here we are, new e-mail, new blog address, I even changed my cell number today to reflect my current area code. Don't have new address on drivers license yet, and somehow it is not official till I do, the move I mean, but that costs money and that is not on the approved spending plan at the moment. I think it is good to every so often throw everything I have up in the air and see where it lands. I added it up and I have moved 24 times in my life, and this is the very first time I have done it because it was all my idea and I believed it was for the best. Imagine that. I had to be almost 61 to get what I wanted, without thinking of someone else first. Maybe I could become a total narcissist and think only of myself for the remaining years. You think? Nah. It would never work for me. There is Boo and Phoebe, the fur and feather people, and there is Janet who shared this little house with me and so sweetly keeps our yard from overtaking us, and Mom and Dad are still perking over there in Sebastopol, and the kids, well, they're grown-ups, probably more so than I am at this particular time, but still my kids. And there is this great wonderful community that I embrace regularly, too. Ah, this is a good life. So, welcome to the new one. It is feeling pretty OK so far, and considering how much I dislike change, I certainly seem to do a lot of it, don't I.

No comments: