"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weighty matters...

Much going on. My art project is finished, for good or ill. What I learned: neatness is not my forte, just keep trying, it will come together in the end. I rendered eight versions of my object, this beautiful, conical shell, to get four together for the final product. Sick to death of that blasted shell. And I am driving around with a Ouija board in my back seat for a reason, really I am. I have an informative speech to make, on Halloween. It was going to be about tobacco, like the FDA banned ephedra, one of my favorite drugs, when a couple of people may have died from abusing it, and yet tobacco remains legal when hundreds of thousands of people have died from its use. Tobacco is interwoven with our history, for sure. It was a major cash crop in the colonies, and continues to be huge agribusiness to this day. But that was just too big a hunk to chew. The research piled up here on my desk, and whittling it down to a three page outline was looking like climbing Mt. Everest, so I asked to change my topic. What a concept, take care of myself! There was a blurb on TV that night about Ouija, and I thought, great idea! We have to use a presentational aid in this speech, hence, the board, which I borrowed from a friend. I have been admonished not to try to use it, as bad things happen when we do. Okay. And as I type, I am listening to Brahms, on my 2nd listening disc for music class. About to toddle off to visit one of the artist's on our annual Art Trails list, one who does whimsical portraits of dogs. It is the idea that I am interested in. Where does one get that kind of inspiration? I think I may have the ability, but where is my muse?

No comments: