"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 26, 2007

I did this!

I brought my drawing stuff home with me, so I could spray it with fixative, and work a little on my drawing of the fruits, the pear and the lemon. The sketchbook is now sitting on the kitchen table, and I keep flipping it open to look at my work. A friend told me recently that this happens to her, too. She even stopped the car several times driving home from a day of painting to admire her work. It is hard to imagine that I created these images. Well, perhaps I didn't. Perhaps I was in the ZONE, that place where I connect with the Universe and let spirit guide me. I think that is why I am so stoked about this process. It takes me somewhere else, and when I just let it happen, great stuff rises up out of the paper, almost all by itself. Good thing that drawing can happen anywhere, because today is a day for bed and cough syrup and a big box of Kleenex. What fun! The last time I drew a lot, I was 12 years old. Horses. Yep, I went through one of those periods of being in love with the big graceful beasts. I copied all the plates out of My Friend Flicka and Thunderhead. I never showed them to anyone. I've changed. Now I want everyone to see my work. See what I can do? Wow.

No comments: