"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, January 29, 2007

The thing about virtue...

So, every morning I sit dutifully in the right hand lane on College Ave., knowing that it is at the moment the only lane that goes straight under the freeway. The left hand lane is for those headed north on the freeway. And you would think that we would book right along, since some people turn south on the freeway from the right hand lane. But, no. We sit and creep, and sit and creep. Because those yahoos who breeze by in the left hand lane are CUTTING INTO MY LANE up ahead. Now, I find this irritating. Here I am, being so righteous, and these evil people are getting somewhere much faster. Does that seem right to you? However, as I, once again, sat there this afternoon, headed in the opposite direction, I remembered something. Virtue is its own reward. Now I really get what that means. And probably, these misguided souls who toss off a friendly wave while CUTTING INTO MY LANE will have really bad Karma, that will hopefully fall on them, from a very great height, soon.

No comments: