"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

All about triumphs...

So, originally it was an honor accorded to heroic men in the time of the Romans, and you had to do something spectacular to get one. You were paraded around Rome dressed up like Jupiter, in a golden chariot, followed by your army, your captives, and all the loot you collected on your campaign. Pompey got two of these. Gaius Julius Caesar wanted one, but was denied. Well, I want one, too. I sort of wilted on my geology tests, got Bs, sigh. But today I got back my American history midterm with a big fat A. Considering how this semester has gone so far, I think a parade in my honor is in order here. Really, this college thing is challenging. I have gotten to the point where I no longer lug my textbooks around, just my handy-dandy three-ring binder with its neat dividers and pockets. Saves my back, for sure. Except on Wednesdays, when I need my lab book, calculator, ruler, colored pencils, and my laptop. So I am off to pack up the bookbag, and then to have a chai and a muffin, in honor of my triumph.

No comments: