"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, February 17, 2006

And a sidedish of hubris...

Well, just in case I was thinking too highly of myself, I blew a quiz in Western Civilization yesterday. OK, I get it. My channel got all fuzzed up with too much stuff, and even though I studied, I was horridly confused. All those guys fighting each other, the Athenians getting whipped by the Spartans, who get whipped by the Thebans, then everyone gets whipped by Alexander, who thankfully dies before he can take over the whole stinking mess. Rome comes along and gets harrassed by Hannibal, who gets his comeupance when Scipio gets his number. Really, guys, can't we all just get along? And you know, nothing has changed. There are still people out there who want to rule the world. Well, take a page out of Rome's book. They rotted from the inside after their conquests split their civilization into the very rich and the very poor. God bless the middle class. It will save the world in the end.

No comments: