"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The key to happiness...

Imagine, only sixty one years to find out that true happiness lies in being easily pleased. And I am just that these days. Had a moment of sheer joy when the gorgeous golden retriever won the sporting group at Westminster the other day, and another when Smokin', the old English sheepdog took herding group. OK, the strange-looking bull terrier went Best-In-Show, but I still was happy. Now awaiting the arrival of a new piece of furniture, I am happiness on the hoof. I had even more happiness shopping for it, a favorite passtime, and I took my time doing it, too, almost two whole weeks prowling around furniture stores. I almost bought the one at Bare Woods, but the thought of freezing my buns off in the garage painting it, then getting some friendly person over to help me move it into the house kind of queered that deal. I knew what I wanted, sort of, something Shakerish and sturdy, and most of all, commodious. I found it, and judiciously followed my caveat to look at something more than once before making a decision. Yesterday, I plunked down my money, and today, it is arriving, within the next 15 minutes or so. It is a chest of drawers. OK, that doesn't sound too exciting, but take it from me, this is a memorable moment. I hope to be able to find what I want to wear without rummaging through all the various other methods I have used to store my rather large wardrobe, like wicker chests and clever canvas cubes. This is pure heaven.

No comments: