"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, April 18, 2011

It is what it is...


My artist-du-jour on my home iGoogle page works in neon lights, clever sayings like "trying to live on 14 cents a day". What is that all about? Apparently, that is what you learn in upper-division art classes? You think? It is all very mysterious, this world of creative minds, all colliding with one another. Meanwhile, this is what I did. Lots of color, red because it is still really chilly here in the little yellow house, and all gray outside, too. I better hurry up and finish this opus, as the flowers are just about ready to expire. I used the last piece of Fabiano watercolor paper for this, lots of tooth which meant a lot of working the pigment into all those little nooks and crannies, many, many layers of pigment. Not unhappy at this point, but that usually lasts about 30 seconds, and I am back to HMMMMMMM. Perhaps the problem is trying to get a DRAMATIC study of such a prosaic subject. Can you tell how much I love that little blue pitcher? It has starred in many of my early works as well. It has all these subtle reflections in it. It never lets me down. Oh, I am whacked out on pastel dust. Must cook something hearty and soul-satisfying and settle down to finish my Harry Potter tome, the last in the series, preparation for the final movie coming in July. Cannot tell you how much I enjoyed it this (third) time. Helps that I have the memory of a prawn. Everything old is new again. Always.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I love the fact that I can reread books or watch old movies and I feel like it is the first time!!! My kids have teased me about this forever..so nice to have met a fellow prawn brain!!!