"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting with the program...

Did I mention that I joined Facebook? Or does one really join? One really just sets up a home page and waits for others to find one, doesn't one. Well, I did it because I like to be a peripheral part of my kid's lives, nothing obtrusive, oh, nonono. But I feel comforted when I know they are just plugging along, situation normal, not sick or broke or too discontented. So my profile sat there, and I was thinking that I was probably the only 60ish kind of person in the community, and suddenly, a whole bunch of friends found me, and I have a dozen and a half people writing on my wall! Even my former boss is on Facebook, probably doing the same thing I was, lurking in his kid's lives. Gee, I never knew how much fun I could have on my computer! And I am happy to relate that some of my friends are YOUNG. I don't discriminate, not at all. And I hope you don't, either. Everyone comes with a gift to bring to the table. Sometimes it is hard to see. Remember, if you can't be a good example, you'll have to be a horrible warning. That's a gift, too.

No comments: