"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, February 16, 2009

Old dog, new tricks...

I am sitting here in my sweats, face naked, only a moderate case of bedhead, thinking about the day four years ago when I moved in to the little yellow house. I had the house for a couple of weeks before I had to move, so I was slowly doing all those things one must do in the beginning, you know, lining shelves, buying a refrigerator, things like that. And so that Boo would not get hemorrhoids sitting on the cold tile floor (it was January, after all), I bought him a blue brocade and fleece dog bed. He totally ignored it. That (*^%&! bed has sat in the same place in a corner of the kitchen lo these many years. Usually, it is a repository of dog toys, which have proliferated mightily with the advent of the Pickle. But lately, Boo has deserted me in the night. I thought he was sleeping on the couch, and he would, if I didn't have that room barricaded off since I found little yellow spots here and there. Now, he is sleeping in the dog bed. And I am worrying that he is sick. Truly unusual behavior for the Boo. He throws out all the toys first, climbs in and curls up. And he even does this sometimes during the day! I suppose it is a little nuts to worry that your dog is sick because he sleeps in the bed you bought him to sleep in. What can I say. I never said I wasn't a little nuts. Apparently, it's contagious, since Boo seems to have caught it.

No comments: