"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mea culpa...

Okay, I adhere to a diet of natural foods, not necessarily organic, but at least complex in their carbohydrates and not endowed with additives. Bread is something I eat sparingly, and it is usually 7 grain or oatnut or my very favorite, Health Nut. And, suddenly, out of the blue, came this CRAVING for sourdough, made from (gulp) refined white flour. Garlic bread, made with this marvel of the culinary universe, is beyond heavenly. Certainly this cannot be a terrible sin in the nutrition lexicon of nonos. Yet, it seems devilshly wonderful to have one meager slice with my homemade split pea soup, made with turkey bacon and olive oil, with onions and carrots straight from nature. I didn't even butter it! And I have this feeling that I just got away with something my mother forbad me to do. Of course, Safeway would not let me buy a single slice. There is a whole loaf of badness waiting for me. French toast made with sourdough! Grilled cheese sandwiches! Sinning was never so delicious.

No comments: