"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, February 02, 2009

Necessary evils...

I had not really spent my Christmas money. I was mulling about it, maybe an old upright piano? A whole bunch of professional, highly saturated pigments? Really, the pleasure of deciding how to spend money is just as sweet as the new object at the end. And then, I had a flat tire. Again. The same one that went flat a month ago, on Christmas Eve, and how inconvenient was that? Do you know how hard it is to find a station that offers air? Most of those compressor thingies were broken or the coin slot was jammed, and there I am, driving on a mostly flat tire, flipped out. Yes, I have AAA, and if it was entirely flat, I could have called them. But no, it was just mostly flat. How annoying. I have a couple of long drives scheduled later this month, and a moderately long one tomorrow night, when I am scheduled to sojourn out to West County, to regale the alcoholics with my AA story at the 8 PM meeting, so I called my favorite tire shop this morning, the ones that patched this tire up last year, and, with assurances that they could get me on the road in time for my noon class, they put my little puddlejumper up on the rack, and lo and behold, all those tires were looking, well, tired. So, baby got new shoes for Christmas. Not that I resent it, oh, nonono. I worry a lot about the state of my tires, not unreasonably, either, because I know NOTHING about them, and have had the delight of many a flat in the past. I just hate stopping doing what I think I should be doing to take care of this stuff. In the end, though, I get to do what I do without a thought or frownline. And I got these really nifty metal caps. Sort of looks like a new car, too. Makes me want to wash it, again.

No comments: