"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, January 31, 2009

One tricky pony...

Sure am tired of this #$&*$@ horse. Have been around the block and back again, deciding on colors, strokes, blah, blah, blah. Now have deepened values, given it a kind of glowy thing. I went online and looked at a bunch of landscapes to get this far with it. And I like it, sort of. I thought it needed more value contrast, lights to darks, and it does pop now that I have darkened both the background and the foreground. Not necessary to paint in every blade of grass or every leaf on the trees. In fact, I like it best when most of these details are muted and fuzzy and just insinuated. The horse, well that's another matter. The horse should look like what it is. I think I got that down pat. Great learning experience, this oeuvre.

No comments: