"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moving forward, or not...


Some of my first drawings were of horses, really complicated drawings done from illustrations in My Friend Flicka, or Thunderhead, the sequel. So, I thought I would try one again, and here it is. Can you tell that the reference photo is kind of washed out in color, so that the hues are all kind of mushed together, and I cannot tell whether it should be warm or cool or whatever? And I am sure you can see that I am equivocating in that regard. I think in the end, I will tend toward warm, and put in more oranges and yellows. Or not. Fun to be drawing a horse, again, 55 years later.

1 comment:

Timo said...

Wow again! I love it just like it is. Do a different one with the color changes you're thinking about. Then compare the two and see. Aloha oe