"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I never saw a purple cow...


New day, new painting. Now, this cow is probably beige. She is in shadow, so it is hard to tell, and the reference photo picked up all the colors you now see, really. This is just a bare beginning, about an hour of dab, dab, splash, splash. You can see what I like doing best, modeling this magnificent beast. I think it will wind up pretty loose, and pretty wild in the end. Time for a new idea, I think. Don't know where this one came from, it just emerged from the canvas, from the very first stroke of the brush. Wonderful when that happens. Pickle was kind of miffed, and kept hitting me in the calf with her big puffy ball. Not one to give up easily, my Pickle. I love her, but I love painting more. I see real possibilities in this one. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

1 comment:

Timo said...

Aloha Wahine nana e ani ma pipi waiu, I love the new painting, I can hardly wait to see where you go with it. Great colors and composition! Mahalo and Aloha, Timo