"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 02, 2009

Stick a fork in her, she's done!

Ah, splendor in the grass. She's no Mona Lisa, but she's all mine. The cow series is officially launched. Another one coming up this very day. Once I lay a palette, I feel an obligation to keep slapping away until it is all used up. Probably a vestige of my very Scottish mother's upbringing. Maybe if I get some plastic wrap, I can keep the paint from drying up into little nurdles? You think? Not sure I like this one, and that is often the case with these oeuvres. I have to look at them for a long time before I get to appreciate them. For now, she gets to live on the kitchen table, where I can look at her several times a day and consult the jury about her current state of being, and whether she needs more picking at. Okay, with that dangling participle, I am through ruminating and equivocating. For now.

No comments: