"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 16, 2009

And the cows go on...


Gee, this was fun. Loosey goosey painting playing with just a little non-local colors here and there, see what happens if I do this. Do you suppose Matisse did that? Or Van Gogh? Well, Van Gogh probably saw things the way he painted them. Poor guy was so manic when he painted, he often couldn't stop to even pick the paint up with the brush. Some of his floral works look like he squeezed the paint right out of the tube onto the canvas. I haven't gotten there, yet. Still, somehting to think about, yes? Can't wait to see what will happen next in the cow opus. I am as surprised as anyone when the painting is done. Hell, I never know what is going to happen next, anyway. Why would I not be surprised?

1 comment:

Timo said...

Aloha Kakahiaka, I really like the feeling you have in this one. You can almost smell the moist earth when you look at it. I love cows too! Say hi! to Boo & Pickle for me, Mahalo & Aloha, Timo