"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another one for the opus...

Here is completed Peanut Gallery. As usual, I will stroke my chin hair for a few days, deciding what needs to be fine tuned or punched up of just fixed, but I think the final idea is on the canvas. And I am anxious to start my next one, a lovely white cow all backlit and full of non-local colors, you know, colors you would not expect to see there. Like Matisse, with his green-faced woman in the hat. I am pickier than Matisse, for sure. No squeezing paint right out of the tube onto the canvas. Yet. That may come, later. I think I am proud of this little rendering. It wasn't all that easy, and I had to paint over eyes several times to get them looking right. And the temptation was there to make these guys really cutesy-poo. I think I resisted it pretty much. I hope. They are really cute, of course, in a real cow-way. They are Brown Swiss babies, and that is just about the most delightfully pretty cow breed there is. Even the adults are pretty amazingly cute. Very happy with the result, actually. That little old artist, ME!

No comments: