"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 23, 2009

A bit crushed here...

Verrrrry excited to go to see Wicked in the Big City with Little Kiddo (her treat, my Christmas present) on Feb. 22. Sorry to say, it is same day as Oscars, and I have a long string of years piled up behind me of watching them, since back in the 50's, actually. Our show is a matinee, and probably I could scoot home in time to catch some of them, but it will not be the same. Sigh. However, so happy that Richard Jenkins has been nominated for The Visitor. He made a real impression on me in The Witches of Eastwick, where he played the long suffering husband of that prudish woman who got all hot and bothered about Darrell and his playmates, and beat her to death with a fireplace poker before hanging himself. Actors like Richard give stellar performances all the time. They are just small parts, in inconsequential movies that escape the Academy's notice. And I don't think it hurt that this was a year bereft of a lot of really scintillating cinema, at least in my humble opinion. Whatever, I am always comforted when excellence is recognized, even when that actor involved is pocked and bland in visage as oatmeal. Gives little old lumpy, dumpy me hope.

1 comment:

Timo said...

Excuse me? You are not lumpy and dumpy. You're beautiful in my opinion. Timo