"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Here we go again...

Another year, come and gone. Another, beginning. A moment of reflection, please, my own personal that was the year that was, so to speak. It was a pip, 2008. I had a straight A semester in the spring, courtesy of having fulfilled my math requirement the semester before, four semesters in three, too. That always spins my beany. Then little kiddo, my daughter, graduated from law school, magna cum laude, to the tune of Star Wars, how inspiring it was. Pickle came to live with Boo and I. Pickle changed everything. It became The Year of the Pickle on June 4. And to this day, she dominates my attention. And Boo's. In September, I sold my first painting, to a complete stranger. How sweet it was! Soooooo validating. I became a professional artist. And later, I was commissioned for two paintings, so I have now outsold Van Gogh, who only sold one painting in his lifetime. And, on the 26th of December, I celebrated 19 years of sobriety. That's XIX in Roman numerals, and looks terribly important on the chips I have accumulated to surround me for this next year. So, onward into the New Year, which will find me back in school, though only for 2 classes, gearing up to graduate with my AA in May. That's something, I think. And I am ready, if I choose, to go on for a BA in art. Maybe. We'll see. This year, I would like to study with an artist or two, one on one, and work on my style and technique. Sounds like a plan, for sure. Stepping into this year withsobriety, hope and faith, glorious good health (and I get Medicare this year, that's a blessing, for sure), two adorable dogs, a happy little yellow house, an income that just arrives every month without an ounce of effort, how could it get any better? Well, the lottery would be nice. And maybe a nice man to do things with? You never know. It could happen.

No comments: