"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet Thing got a makeover...


Usually, I don't like to finish things too tightly, but Sweet Thing was looking a little flat when I took another look at her this morning, so I could barely wait to get at her again this afternoon, when I had finished with my morning errands, did a meeting, took back my library books, got new ones, got myself a pizza for dinner, important things like that. And she is more three dimensional than she was, highlighted, lowlighted, sculpted, actually. Well, I suppose it is good to know how to do that. And now I do. That jawline got big, then it got small again, it was pink, it was yellow, it was all over the place. I am satisfied with it now, as I look at it reproduced her on the page. Not what I thought I was doing when I started, but SURPRISE! Isn't that what it is all about, anyway? Like, do we really ever know what is going to happen next? Even when the brush is in my hand, I still don't have a clue, and that's a good thing. Makes life ever so much more interesting.

1 comment:

Timo said...

Aloha Kakahiaka Sweet Cow Woman, I like her a lot better. Keep up the good work! Timo