"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, January 25, 2009

And then I did THIS...

I named her Buttercup, now that she is all warmed up. Poor thing was all cold, blue and purple. Even the red part was cool, alizerin crimson is on the blue side. Nothing was working in this painting, except I liked the composition, and it was rife with possibilities and I didn't want to paint over it. So, this happened today. This is the beauty of oils. You can just keep changing and changing and changing them. It is also the curse, because nothing is ever really done, never, ever. Give me a couple of brushes, some pigments, and enough time, and I could paint until my last breath. And how would I know what doesn't work if I didn't try things, anyway? Funny thing, art. It appears to be delightfully malleable.

No comments: