"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Things they made me do in school...



Check these out. One is an abstract, obviously, but notice the palette of hues, they kind of resonate with one another, don't they. These were assignments I had to do for class, both with different aims. Both are destined to be painted over, as neither is up to what I could consider signing. Both were a lot of fun to do. I got really into slashing the brush over the canvas, which I stretched myself, by the way. And the still life was about spots of color. Really, I did my best there, but I was sick one day we were working on it, and it is really big, and, well, I could have done a better job. Whatever, I got an A in that class, because of my dedication to doing whatever I was told to do. That is the benefit of being a grown-up in school. There has to be some benefit to going to school in your sixties, doesn't there?

No comments: