"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 18, 2008

If all else fails, throw money at it.

Nasty popup browser seems to have expired. I bought an adware spyware blocker. I have papers to write! I cannot spare the time it takes to zap those annoying windows every 2 minutes! Research! Online games! Okay. That worked. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, after spending all Wednesday afternoon scooting around the art classroom floor, banging and pulling and stapling my self-stretched canvasses together, I got to prime them today with gesso. I really love gesso. I thought my 30x30 canvas was kind of flabby, but after slapping on this goo, it is drum tight. How sweet is that! Biggest challenge was all the free-floating Boo hair that had to be plucked from the canvas' surface, over and over again. Well, maybe what I missed will come out in the sanding that comes before the next coat of gesso. I had this good feeling that I really am an artist, standing there swiping away. There was a sense of pride that I actually put this thing together, and it actually will support a painting. I think the first assignment, which even those of us in the ADVANCED category will be called upon to perform, is an abstract. I hope to make a big statement with color, if she lets us. Sometimes she restricts our palette, which is really irritating. Just try painting without white, or limited to the earth tones. I am sure there is something to know there. Right.

No comments: