"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What a bother!

I seem to have picked up a hitchiker on my system. Lots of annoying windows opening in Microsoft Internet Explorer, which I have never used. Not popups, though. Popups are blocked. I have been in every file I can think of trying to fix this puppy. Finally gave up, decided my browser was infected, and downloaded another browser, which works, but did not keep my bookmarks, so I could not get to my blog. How annoying is that! Anyway, the new browser seems to be unperturbed by this pest, so I will have to find out the address of my dashboard, because I have never needed it before. Gee, I miss the good old days, you know, when dirt was new and one could interact with one's operating system and viruses were just a gleam in the evil geeks' eyes. Anyhoo, here is the scoop on school, which started yesterday. It is always a zoo the first few weeks until attrition sets in and the weak drop off the tree. Parking was a little dicey, because my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays don't start till noon. How sweet it is! Even so, I plan on going in early tomorrow, to do my assigned reading for art history before class, and get a parking place in the new garage. I love the sweet young thing teaching this class, and her syllabus promises that we will be able to critique and compare and identify art from the French Revolution to modern day. Sounds like a deal. Painting in the afternoon will begin with that most rewarding task of stretching our own canvasses. I did this last semester and it is a hoot, crawling around on the floor, looking for tools that get covered up by the sheet we use to keep charcoal from the morning drawing class off our jeans. Staple guns, hammers, pliers, all bamboozle me, but I am up for it, yes I am. I have all the tools, and the grit, and plan on assembling two of those suckers in the allotted time. And I have a friend in class from last semester, so we are all juiced up to have a roaring good time. Today's classes were comparative mythology, taught by a Robin Williams wannabe who actually knows all the languages he spouts, and principles of color, taught by a gal who actually may be older than I, which is refreshing to say the least. She is not very exciting or animated, but I bet she knows her stuff, and we will be doing all kinds of projects in class, sort of kindergarten for grownups, things like color wheels and grey scales, so if she is articulate enough to explain how to do them, it will all be good. We got out early, and I thought, oh joy, I can get home to watch my soap. Right. I spent a happy half hour trudging around the garage, looking for my car. One woman actually laughed at me. Oh, well, I must have needed the humility. If I can find my way back here, more later.

No comments: