"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, January 05, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

You know, I have worn my hair long for the last 10 years. That's because I wore it short short for 15 years before that. I do that, glom onto something and just hold on to it, forever. Well, I got tired of it. I have weinie hair, really soft and shiny, but really really fine. It kind of just hangs there. And when the wind blows, what a mess. It kept getting in my mouth, like when I was bent over my drawings in the figure drawing class. I hated that. Half the time I clamped it up behind my head or cinched it up in a ponytail just so I didn't have to curl it with my collection of curling irons. Curling it really doesn't work anyway. The slightest moisture and the curl just dies. So I went cruising on the Net yesterday looking for a new look for me. And printed out the picture, and took it to my favorite haircutting person, and voila! Brand new me! Well, not quite. Actually it is a new rendition of old, old me from 10 years ago. Whatever, it is like laying down a heavy package. Wash, blow dry and I'm out of here. Of course, that is all it will do. No more improvising with hair implements when it is sticking out funny. However, from my research, it is unlikely anyone would be surprised if it did stick out funny. Most of the 'dos I saw stuck out funny anyway. If I get tired of it, I will grow it out a little and wear a bob. It has been about 25 years since I had one of those.

No comments: