"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a mystery...


Last night I spent a long time awake in the night, something that happens to the cow woman every so often, luckily, not as often as it used to happen, and that's a good thing. So I meditated for a while, then I turned stuff over and looked under the mental rocks for the slimy stuff underneath. Now, there is this person that I don't like. I dislike this person so much that I have changed my life to avoid her, given up some stuff that used to be important just to not have her presence in my consciousness. Not that she would ever invade my personal space, not again, that is. And there is no acrimony between us, just this tacit agreement to disagree. When I have run into her, we are civil to one another, and honor one another without engaging. And I had thought that, finally, she was history. Except that circumstances have plunked her right down, practically in my lap, AGAIN. So I am working on letting go of my righteousness about this person, like my need to be a BETTER PERSON than she is. Isn't it interesting that I have been in pursuit of a spiritual existence lo these 20 years, and still have not risen above the need to be superior? And I think I am a superior SPIRITUAL PERSON than this woman. How's that for hubris! So I asked HP to help me have COMPASSION for this person. After all, my dislike is based on things I THINK she did, or gossip of others, and, while I am not trusting her with any of my supersecret stuff, I can at least be gentle with her little soul, and with mine as well. After all, it is not about getting others to be what I want, it is about being that, myself. Yeah.

No comments: