"We Three"

"We Three"

Monday, June 22, 2009

What?


I realized today that I know how to do a lot of things I wish I didn't. I know how to change a bed with Pickle on it. I know how to get gum off my favorite shorts. I know how to start the lawn mower, even when I have overfilled the gas tank. Unfortunately, I am not so hot at putting the grass-catcher on (or getting it off when it is full, either), so it didn't have that great a seal going, and I got a lot of chopped up pseudo-lawn sprayed all over me, and had to have a shower. Showers are rare and wonderful moments in my life. They usually mean I have been exercising in some way. I used to take a lot of showers. Which leads me to another thing I have been thinking about. How easy would this life be if I didn't have a body? Today, I walked to the restaurant to meet a friend for lunch, hoofing it to exercise my body on my way to feed my body. Then I got my body all dirty, after cleaning it all spiffy this morning in the bathtub, and had to wash it, again. I have this cabinet filled with things to keep my body smelling good, looking good, feeling good and working good. Every moment of every day is preoccupied with something my body needs: food, drink, a trip to the bathroom, a more comfortable position, more clothes, less clothes, music for my ears, soft socks for my feet. Never-ending, expensive, time-consuming need, this body has. And now I have to stop, because my neck is aching. Ach!

No comments: