"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday musings...


I think we don't appreciate one another enough. I was in the garage, cleaning out my car (which was not in the garage, but in the driveway in front of the garage), the garage door was open, and the phone rang. I dashed in to answer it, left the door into the garage open, and presto-chango, no dogs when I hung up. Little buggers just escaped. Neighbor Robert came out to yell at his dog, who was barking at mine, and ratted out Boo, who was busily checking out the perimeter of Robert's lawn. One down. Then, I began the search for Pickle. Another neighbor lady yelled "she went down the driveway!", and that's where I found her, with her usual I-didn't-do-nothing expression on her little pushed-in mug. God bless the neighbors. And God bless the landscape armies that invade the neighborhood four days out of seven and do noisy battle with the leaves and lawns. And God bless the teachers who praise and encourage my tiny efforts. And God bless my friends who love me, no matter what. And God bless my family, poor misguided souls that they are. I am filled with sweet gratitude today, as I head out on my final foray to get even more decorations for our party tomorrow. Especially God bless the decorations committee who are arriving at noon to help. And God bless Eckhart Tolle, who has taught me it is what it is. Well, reminded me, actually. Because, you know, it is.

No comments: