"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Paper bags and boxes. Why not?


Teachers have such interesting ideas. Like painting these rather mundane and not very scenic objects. Okay, it was a challenge, and I am not entirely satisfied with the three paintings I labored over, but this one comes closest to something I would show to everyone. Watercolors are a very contrary medium. They run and smear and make big honking watermarks. Well, they do for me, because I have no patience to wait for one area to dry before I start the next. And I actually don't like the stark look of one dried area abutting another, anyway. I like complexity, and that means some messiness, right? Well, have done this homework, now for the drawing stuff. Gee. School is such a laborious pursuit!

No comments: