"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sometimes things really are black and white...


This is why I am taking this drawing class, to learn how to make graphite look like an apple, or a white mug. Apples are easier. They have this nifty organic shape that is really all angles and no one can say they are not perfect. Symmetrical objects like coffee mugs are really difficult. And this photo is a little warped because my mug is really straighter that this one looks. Okay, the teacher helped me. I suck at ellipses. But I'm working on it. I love exercises like this. I am back in beginner's mind, totally in the moment, when I work at drawing, or painting, hell, even butterflies. It is a true grace that I get to do this in the latter quarter of my life. I cannot think of anything I'd rather get up and do. Well, except pet Boo, and yes, even Pickle.

1 comment:

Timo said...

I Love this one! You've really been working on seeing what's what and it shows! Aloha oe