"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, September 06, 2009

When in doubt, go shopping!


I seem to need a lot of stuff to maintain myself these days. And I was out of my super-duper red-getter-outer eye drops today. This is bad. I hate going around looking like I had a party the night before, especially when I don't do that any more, and the drops I did have were good to refresh my oh-so-dry eyes, but not make them all sparkly clear. So, with the fate of the planet in mind, I set off on foot for the neighborhood Rite-Aid. It's about a mile away, and it is one of those perfect days in our neighborhood, sunny without roasting you alive, breezy without blowing your hairdo into the next county. What a delightful walk it was. And while I was there, I got a tube of foot softening cream, because swimming as cracked my heels again, despite my diligent PedEgging. Honestly, I have a cream for everything: daytime moisturizer, nighttime moisturizer, cleansing cream for my face, cleansing cream for my body (can't use just one, you know), lotion for my body, estrogen and progesterone cream (don't ask), sun screen cream, hair removing cream for my face, hair removing cream for other regions (again, don't ask), undereye cream, over-the-eye cream, it goes on and on. And in most cases, I have more than one product for the same function, since I see new ads and think this will be the one that will propel me back into my thirties. Right. But hope springs eternal for this old broad. Somewhere there is a magic potion cream that will dissolve all my wrinkles. So I keep shopping. There are worse ways to spend a lovely Sunday.

No comments: