"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Life is difficult. Duh.


Immortal words of Scott Peck, from his Road Less Travelled, one of my favorite spiritual tomes. Years of experience don't change that fact. And sometimes, it seems I have to revisit old themes, again, on that spiral course laid out before me. There is this flat spot in the wheel, you see, and when it comes around, I kind of kerplunk right into it again. Oh, hell, this again? Yeah. Again. I used to have a sign with these words on it on my oh so spiritual refrigerator. They saved my life once, knowing that I would not always be in the godawful pain I was feeling, that it would change, soon. Not necessarily be better, mind you, but different. So I put the pills back in the bottle and went to bed. And it shifted. Big lesson. Shift happens! And these words apply always, even when things are GOOD. That will change, too, so I savor those moments, pick over them like a miser counting his gold. Because it will be gone, again, soon, too. No use resenting it, change will happen anyway. Sometimes, none too soon.

No comments: