"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The art of being easily amused...


A long time ago, I learned to laugh at myself. This was not an easy task at first. It seemed that everything I did or said was weighty and important. This led to being very easily embarrassed or frustrated, all the time, because perfection, you know, is unattainable, even by yours truly. Recovery taught me to have fewer expectations of the world, hence fewer resentments, and fewer disappointments. And, one wonderful day, that slopped over onto my self. I laugh a lot more than I ever have now. The dogs are good for that. Hilarious little critters, my poopies. And yesterday, while cruising around on my home page at iGoogle, I found the gadget store. And I added a little hamster to my page. Every time I boot up, there he is, preening or sipping at his water bottle or running in circles on his wheel. Guess I should give him a name? Today, my mouse cursor went through his area, and he followed it around, the way Pickle follows the reflections from the wind chimes that bounce around the office in the afternoon. How cute is that! Okay, slow day in the little yellow house. But, honestly, learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

No comments: