"We Three"

"We Three"

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Sonata for a sultry Saturday...


Strange weather for August, barely making it up to 75 degrees, foggy till noon, chilly breeze in the evenings. Sweater weather. I imagine the grapes will be languishing again this year, but, gee folks, you asked for it with your monocultural philosophy. I, on the other hand, have gotten tons done here. I hit my home group this AM, and got all filled up with sobriety, then headed down the 101 to the outlet mall for some retail therapy and gift shopping for baby girl, who is 32 today, and in Portugal on her honeymoon. Sent her an email, hope she remembers where she put her Blackberry. Then came home and noodled around on the Tisiano paper I got at Dick Blick, the Mecca of art supply stores, and got this messy little ditty mostly done, I think. The Bean is outside non-stop barking. Even the Pickle has long since given up the ghost. Boo did his remote barking, standing in the office here, letting out a woof every so often. They are my entourage here in the little yellow house. keeping me company so I don't obsess over my kid and her hubby over there on the other side of the world. I have a feeling a lot more of these little works will manifest in the next few days. Keeps me occupied with a mindful of not very much, always a good thing. Headachy now, headed for early bed with videos (TV sucks on Saturdays), a pithy little novel and three warm puppies. Sweet.

No comments: