"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ah, a new year...

So, I had invitations, really I did. Instead, I stayed home, where it was warm and dry, and watched this sleazy movie, The Sweetest Thing, an old Cameron Diaz/Christina Applegate vehicle. I knew it was sleazy because I had seen it before. Yes, I know there was probably something more uplifting to do, and it certainly was not watching a bunch of drunken revellers waiting for a ball to drop. The year turned over quietly, as I watched Laurence Olivier smarm his way through Pride and Prejudice with Greer Garson as a rather over-the-hill Lizzie. Boo lay quietly at my feet and I had a new John Grisham novel to dip into when television got just too much to bear. I guess I will write out a few things today; what worked last year, what didn't work last year, what I would like to see work this year, blah, blah, blah. As you can see, my enthusiam has waned somewhat. At the same time, a lot of our county that normally isn't underwater is today, very bad, and the hills are falling down into the streets, too. Nothing in our neighborhood floated away last night, so we are in good shape.

No comments: