"We Three"

"We Three"

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Here we go round the mulberry bush...

I have a cold. For the last 3 days, I tried to ignore it, but today, it won. I have two lousy choices here: stay all stuffed up, achy and scratchy or take the #$%&*$ pills. I have plenty of those suckers, courtesy of Costco, some for day and some for night. Orange and green, so there will be no mistake, because that would be disastrous. The orange ones act like speed so, even though I am moving slowly, it feels like I am in fast forward mode. And the green ones knock me out, until they wear off about 3 AM, and I have to get up to find the little scissors to open another package of them (just another thing that is annoying about pills), but they work really swell otherwise. Funny, a little thing like this can obscure everything else while it lasts. My focus narrows to my drippy nose and stuffy head, my misery. So I am going back to bed, again. No more running around everywhere, pretending I am well. Fortunately, I also have a Costco supply of Kleenex and tea.

No comments: