"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm really not lazy...

Just overwhelmed with new semester. Every teacher hands out their syllabus, and suddenly there is 120 pages of information to digest, and every page is packed with information. We have already studied the Sumerians, Hittites, Akkadians, Babylonians and Egyptians in Western Civilization. In American History, we are learning all the myriad tribes of Native Americans, which are called in very un-PC terms in the text, Indians, because that is what the were called for most of the last 200 years, and the plethora of conquistadores who rampaged about the continent. And in Geology, gosh, it is hard to know where to begin. Plate techtonics with divergent, convergent and transform plate boundaries, Pangaea, minerals, you name it. And that was just the first week. Yesterday, I read the Code of Hammurabi, the Laws of the Hebrews, a synopsis of the Odyssey, and the Epic of Gilgamesh. My notes binder is already bulging with stuff. I find I take at least 3 pages of notes per hour this semester. Oh, and did I mention the Gore Vidal tome on Jefferson, Washington and Hamilton? Or the book on daily life of a colonist? Plowing through those, too. If I get through this semester, I can do anything. Anything.

No comments: