"We Three"

"We Three"

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Things that go bump in the night...

Strange things are happening. My dear roommate is gone off to school, as she does every week, and I am here, alone, in the little yellow house. Boo is ensconsed on the bed, as usual, and all is quiet, except for this noise next door. From the sound of it, my neighbor is either building a deck to cover his dead wife's grave, or stacking firewood. Clunk, clunk, clunk. What a wonder imagination is, n'est-ce pas? Actually, this is a rather frightening place after dark. Because this area is unincorporated, we have no street lights. It is uber-dark out there. If the neighbor across the street didn't leave their porch light on all night, we would be totally shrouded in blackness. Ooooh. And soon, dear roommate is moving away, and we will be here, Boo and Phoebe and I, all alone, all the time. So, time to get used to it. And put the hammer in my nightstand drawer.

No comments: