"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 06, 2006

Tis the season, sigh.

I was wandering around the Costco parking lot this morning in an antihistimine-induced haze, just wanting to get this one errand that I could not shirk behind me so I could get into my sweats and stay in bed all afternoon, and thinking. I didn't do my usual gratitude parking practice, park way far away and hike in. Headaches do that to me, make me selfish. I managed to find my card, and get in line to go in. At Costco, there are lines everywhere. People who say they hate Costco because of the lines need to get over it. Lines are perfect opportunities to be grateful I am not like other people, who hate lines. Costco is not stupid. There were huge displays of vitamins lining the entrance, for all those who have resolved to get their act together in the New Year. And then came the piles of (ick) TurboTax software and expanding files, for those disgusting enough to think about things like that before April 15. I followed a couple of slaphappy older guys, who told me they were down from Lakeport, about an hour away, in total culture shock, and headed for the free samples. Lunch! I got my usual goodies for tomorrow's meeting, fruit tray, cream cheese snails and loaves of variety breads to slice up for the hungry AA's and looked for the Lean Cuisine 4 packs, but they must have sold out. Or I was too hazy to see them. I did notice huge mountains of organizers: plastic bins, rolling shelf units, modular storage units, and lots of exercise equipment, too. Everybody is thinking they will be better because the calendar has flipped over. I, on the other hand, am just going to bed.

No comments: