"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 13, 2006

I get it, really I do...

In today's inbox, a plethora of forwarded stuff, like the one about women, our virtues, of course. My favorite; "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." Ain't that the truth. And there are a lot of those in my life. There is the woman who collects resentments and frequently trots them out (my mother). There is the woman whose brain has become disconnected from her mouth, so that she frequently utters words that should never breathe the light of day. There is the woman who gripes, and gripes, and gripes, and if you try to offer her an alternative, argues for her limitations. I am surrounded by horrible examples, a lot of them of the female persuasion. So my daily challenge is to stay true to my path, take these people as poor sick gals full of self-centered fear and really not out to sink my ship. Which is exactly what it looks like they are doing.

No comments: