"We Three"

"We Three"

Friday, January 27, 2006

Laughing out loud...

I was in bed last night, reading Wealth 101, marvelous spiritual book. Really. And the authors listed our primary needs as: air, water, food, shelter, clothing and television. How true is that. It's not a new book, because I would add VCR, DVD player, premium channels, and a whizbang computer suite, complete with printer, scanner, fax machine and digital camera. Abbondanza!
It's a funny thing, but it doesn't really take a lot of money to be rich. Being rich is being in love with my life, having the things that make me feel abundant, like those mentioned above, but also owning major appliances like my refrigerator and washer/dryer, a really fine vacuum cleaner and a happily chortling coffeemaker brewing up a pot of fresh-ground Ethiopian. My humble little yellow house is my palace. It holds my beloved's artwork on the walls, both his and mine, because he taught me to paint. And I have some of my photography framed, and signed, too. There is joy around every corner here, in the rose bushes front and back, the corner of the bedroom that holds pictures of my babies, the little rack on the wall beside the front door where scarves, umbrellas and Boo's leash hang, the kitchen counter where Phoebe's cage sits, the red curtains in the common room. I could want for more, but truly, I want for nothing that I need, not a whit.

No comments: