"We Three"

"We Three"

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

All kinds of newness today...

School seemed better today. Saw an old friend, who is taking same geology class as I, and felt like I belonged there. Teacher is young, athletic woman, very dedicated as she is chair of her department that includes astronomy, geology and meteorology, the department of heaven and earth, she called it. Glad I like her, because she also teaches the lab I had this afternoon, where I learned to convert farenheit to celcius (C=Fx9/5-32) and find locations on earth from their latitude and longitude. New friend, Suzy, another over-the-hill gal, and we will have lots of fun doing all this stuff together. Already had some good laughs, and that is what it is all about, enjoying this process of learning new stuff. Lots, and lots, and lots of reading to do, though. So far, I have had interaction with Hittites and Sumerians and Egyptians, plumbed the inner mind of the Founding Fathers, and examined the layers that make up the earth: crust, mantle and core. So much to learn.

No comments: