"We Three"

"We Three"

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The day before everything...


Don't know what happened, but this little sweetheart grew all up and now, after college and law school, will be a blushing bride on Saturday next. Festivities begin tomorrow, and will continue for the entire weekend, as is fitting. She, unlike her mother, knows how to delay gratification, and has spent the last 11 years getting to know her guy, and now they are ready to step out as a wedded couple. Gee, how fast the years have flown. And how happy I am today, that she will probably not know the pain I have slogged through getting divorced from the man I thought was the love of my life, or my mother's wounding mouth. As much as I love my solitude, my little yellow house with the fur people, my multitudes of friends, a partner to share a history with would be nice. Sort of the cherry on top of my white chocolate mousse with raspberries and whipped cream sundae, but it would just make everything complete. Nothing is impossible, I know. Surprises happen every day. And, soon, I hope, there will be a new little muffin in my life. That seems to be the plan, and gosh, everything else she has planned has happened. What a gal!

No comments: